[mythtv-users] MythTV mpeg2 support för cx88xx and other questions

Brian LeFevre blefevre at ida.net
Tue Jan 4 10:00:29 EST 2005

Tomas Roos wrote:
> 2. I have problems compiling MythMusic on my Mandrake 10.1 box. Both
> with CVS and stable I have these problems. I have the devel packages
> installed according to the docs. Am I missing something else or do I
> have the wrong version of something?
> I have compiled this earlier on MDK 9.2 but that was an older gcc and
> older kernel release.
>
> Error messages below
>
> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
> -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
> -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED
> -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/include/cdda -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
> cdrip.o cdrip.cpp
> In file included from /usr/include/FLAC/format.h:36,
>                 from /usr/include/FLAC/stream_encoder.h:36,
>                 from /usr/include/FLAC/seekable_stream_encoder.h:36,
>                 from /usr/include/FLAC/file_encoder.h:36,
>                 from flacencoder.h:6,
>                 from cdrip.cpp:34:
> /usr/include/FLAC/ordinals.h:50:2: #error Unable to find fixed-size data types
> make[1]: *** [cdrip.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/myth/mythmusic-0.16/mythmusic'
> make: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2
>
> Best regards
> /Tomas

I have the same problem with FLAC.  Since I don't encode to flac and
since I don't listen to flac, I went and commented out all of the flac
references and it compiled just fine then.

I believe Mandrake 10.1 has a newer version of flac that is not
supported yet.  You might could find an old version of it and install,
figure out how to fix the myth source to run using both versions, or
just comment out all the flac stuff.  If you are daring enought to take
on the myth source for an upgrade you might want to make the encoders
optional.