[mythtv-users] Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 13'

Kane Tse kanetse at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:15:33 EST 2005

I have MythTV-0.16 installed on a dual Athlon MP 1900+ system running
Fedora Core 3 system.  This system is running as a remote backend.

When the backend first starts up, everything works fine.  Shows are
recorded, the system status can be viewed through MythWeb, and remote
frontends can watch shows over the network without any problem.

After an unknown period of time (which ranges from a few hours to a few
days), the backend becomes unresponsive, and stops recording shows.  The
frontends usually report (in their console output) "Unexpected response
to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 13'".  MythWeb also gives this
error when trying to access it.  I checked the mythbackend.log file, but
there is nothing to indicate any error has arisen.

I am certain that all the frontends and backends are running matching
versions of MythTV (0.16), since I got them from ATrpms; and this is
confirmed by the console output message when mythfrontend starts up
0.16.20040906-1.

Does anyone know what causes this error?  Or how I can prevent it?

Thanks!