[mythtv-users] OT: WARNING: Error inserting ledxmit_dev

pete tyrstag at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 06:52:02 EST 2005

Hi,

I've searched the archives and posted to the lirc list for this but
can't find an answer. Wondering if someone could give me a little help,
please.

I have lirc using the receiver from a pvr-250 and I'm trying to compile
a second instance of lirc to use a homebrew serial blaster.
FC3 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 lirc-0.7.0 using the steps from this site:
http://www.mmdsi.com/mythtv/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

Or is there a way to use both devices with one instance of lirc?

I keep getting this error:

[root at localhost etc]# /sbin/depmod -a
[root at localhost etc]# /sbin/modprobe ledxmit_serial
WARNING: Error inserting ledxmit_dev
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3/misc/ledxmit_dev.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting ledxmit_serial
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3/misc/ledxmit_serial.ko): Unknownsymbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

#dmesg
ledxmit_dev: Unknown symbol copy_to_user
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol copy_from_user
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol ledxmit_unregister_plugin
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol ledxmit_register_plugin

Thanks,

--Pete

--
pete <tyrstag at earthlink.net>