[mythtv-users] problems since moving my myth machine

Kane Tse kanetse at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:28:51 EST 2005

One thing that I noticed was that ATrpms' uses a release candidate
version of the ivtv driver.  If you follow Jarod's Mythtvology Howto,
you end up with this version of the driver, which didn't work for me in
two different computers both using FC3.  However, once I switched back
to using a recompiled ivtv driver from source, it worked fine.

My symptoms were different from yours (I was getting no sound with the
PVR-250); but when I used ivtv-0.1.9 compiled source on a RH9 machine,
it worked.

Have you tried that?

http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/messages.log
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/mythbackend.log