[mythtv-users] Front end hardware?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed Jan 5 14:43:15 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 01:48:19PM -0500, stan wrote:
> just add a nice computer monitor, and I don't plan on using a remote, just
> a RF keyboard. I also have a preference for AMD processors over Intel.

So do I and many people, but it turns out that for media encode/decode,
ie. MythTV, Intels seem to seriously outperform AMD.   Some suggest it
is because these algorithms use the long intel pipeline better, I think
it's just because the intels are running at a 30% higher clock speed
(normally a pain as it generates heat) and this is one of the things
for which there is no substitute for clock.