[mythtv-users] Setting up MythTV in a wierd way ...

Matt Picker mpicker21 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 20:00:00 EST 2005

I'm no seasoned pro myself but I would go with the
external scsi solution.  You can usually find a scsi
card and an external enclosure for a steal somewhere.
Like if you happened to work at a company that kept
old equipment... :) Another solution would maybe be to
isolate the file server from your network with just
either a crossover cable or a small hub connecting it
to your master backend.  You would of course need 2
nics in the master.  I'm not sure how well it would
work with livetv if you went from
backend--->fileserver--->backend--->frontend.  Might
have to make sure you got a lot of bandwidth between
the file server and backend.  Good luck.