[mythtv-users] bad HDTV playback with new ffmpeg

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Jan 5 20:32:44 EST 2005

Kyle Rose wrote:
> Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> writes:
>

>>My playback of this clip is definitely weird... playback speed seems to
>>oscillate about 2 times a second.  Deinterlacing or not doesn't seem to
>>make much of a difference.
>

> Thank you for the confirmation.
>
> So, I guess I just happen to be the only one with a local affiliate
> broadcasting ATSC that's confusing the myth player.  Wonderful. :/

Well I don't think it's just HDTV because I get this too ever since I
upgraded to current CVS, and I'm running a PVR350. Video going fast and
slow, sound skipping like mad...basically unwatchable. Still trying to
nail it down...the suggestion of backing libavcodec back down to the
12/24 version didn't seem to help me either.