[mythtv-users] xbox / htpc switch?

Kane Tse kanetse at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:33:49 EST 2005

> I have my xbox hooked up with the high def cable package.  So
> it comes
> out with component which I then route through a
> component-to-vga adapter
> to the projector.
>
> So need something to switch between the xbox (component) and
> the htpc (vga).

Sorry for coming late to the conversation... But your "component-to-VGA"
adapter has caught my interest.  Can you tell me more about this device
and how much it cost?

I've been looking at either the ViewSonic NextVision N6 or the AverMedia
TVBox 9 as a means of switching an projector between an XBox and a PC
for display on a projector... But my projector has 2 VGA inputs so I'd
love to find a reasonably priced component-to-VGA adapter that doesn't
cost the $200 Canadian for the ViewSonic or AverMedia devices.

I think both of those boxes come with IR remotes too; and they're
designed to send a signal to the projector even with the PC off.