[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging bug?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 5 23:45:03 EST 2005

> I was wondering why my backend would hang whenever it tried to start
> commercial flagging, and it turns out its because i had folding at
> home running with the same priority and that caused mythcommflag to
> get no resources.  Is it possible to make it run with priority 18 or
> 17 so it will stall folding when needed but still let it run?

I wouldn't call this a "bug" since most people won't be doing this,
but it sounds like it might be useful in some cases so I've changed
the nice value from 19 to 17 in my source tree so expect it in CVS
sometime when I get around to committing some other changes I've
been working on for the flagger.  Also found and fixed a bug in
the process while I was looking at this.  Both the JobQueue and
mythcommflag were calling nice() which would have made the
nice(17) still effectively be a nice(19) since it was called twice.
Now the JobQueue will just leave it up to mythcommflag since
mythcommflag knows whether it was called from the queue or not.

--

Chris