[mythtv-users] MythMusic and vanishing songs

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jan 6 07:58:24 EST 2005

Brandon Beattie wrote:

>For a week or so now I've been unable to find out why myth music would
>not display my songs.  I've changed nothing on them for months actually.
>Any additional attempt to try to re-load and start from scratch and
>build a new song listing fails with a message when doing a scan for
>music of "metadata.o: No songs were found, if that's okay with you it's
>okay with me."  (wording may be off.. bad memory).  Anyway, I've
>checked, rechecked paths/permissions, etc.
>
>Has anyone else seen this happen or any thoughts on what's going on and
>how to fix it?  Latest CVS builds of course..

I had this same thing happen after installing from cvs a few days ago. I
get nothing in my music list. When I select Playlist then I see All
Music. I can put a check mark next to that but it does nothing. I used
to have a list of all my music to the right of All Music, now I have
nothing. I re-scanned my music and it took awhile so it looks like it is
finding it, just not displaying anything.

- James