[mythtv-users] videos not working...

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jan 6 11:12:33 EST 2005

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

>I've got a problem that is driving me nuts...
>
>Background: I have a backend and a remote frontend.
>Installation was done via atrpms and Jarod's guide.
>
>LiveTV works fine.  All recordings work fine.
>Music works fine.  Videos do not.
>
>No matter what I do, I can't get anything to play saved
>videos.  All the videos show up in the browser, but when
>I select one, it just returns me to the selection screen
>after about 5 seoncds.
>
>Where do I start?  I have tried both mplayer and xine with
>no luck.  If I fire up the frontend on my backend, I get the
>same result.
>
>Any hints would be helpful and appreciated!

If you can execute the exact command-line you have configured in
MythVideo outside of MythVideo, in a terminal window, as the mythtv
user, then you probably will see the error that mplayer or xine is
giving that is causing problems.  Worst case, post the output of your
results here and we'll take a look.

Kevin