[mythtv-users] Picture in picture not working....?

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu Jan 6 11:13:03 EST 2005

Andrew Wilson wrote:
> I've got dual DVB-T tuners in a VIA M10k with debian 2.6.9 and
> unichrome drivers. Myth is going nicely, but for a few problems.
>
> I can't get picture in picture going at all. V is supposed to toggle
> it on/off, right? Doesn't do anything for me. Each tuner works fine. I
> can record off both simultaneously, and the Y key to change inputs
> works.
>
> Has anyone got this feature working?

If you're using XvMC acceleration then PIP is not implemented. The
experimental colour OSD hack also implements a rough PIP implementation
but it uses the software nuvplayer so its not fast enough to actually
use on an M9000.

The CLE266 chipset has enough grunt to actually decode multiple MPEG
streams simultaneously so a nice solution would be to use that to do the
rendering. Although not trivial to do of course.

Cheers,
Ivor.