[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport corrupts video

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Thu Jan 6 12:26:29 EST 2005

Robin Elvin <rob at fearsedge.com> wrote:
> My card is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T.

> transcode v0.6.14

> Rob

>> What are you using for a capture card? One of the PVR series or one of the
>> newer DVB cards? It makes a difference. Also, what version transcode?

In other words, yes, you are using DVB.

Chris and I will be looking into fixing nuvexport for DVB recordings soon.
Yours has not been the first complaint, and likely not the last until it's
fixed.

The issue is that transcode doesn't like the recordings that come from MythTV
recording with DVB cards.

There is a hack you can do in the meantime that should get around the problem
by forcing the use of mythtranscode to get raw video/audio to feed into
transcode.

In the nuvexport source tree, go to mythtv/ and edit nuvinfo.pm.  Search for
the line "$info{'is_mpeg'}    = 1;" (around line 123).  Change the "= 1" to
"= 0".  Once you make install from the main dir again, it will overwrite the
installed version.

This should fix the issue with a nasty hack, but isn't the "proper" way to fix
it, so we will try to get this all working *properly* soon.

Sorry for the confusion, etc.
Gavin