[mythtv-users] xbox / htpc switch?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:51:34 EST 2005

> Does anyone have experience with this?  Anyone know of a decent
> inexpensive 2-port kvm switch with external power?  It doesn't even have
> to have usb functionality.

I don't know of an externally powered switch, other than more
expensive switches with around 8 or so porst, but the xbox's
controller ports are just oddly shaped usb ports.  If you're not going
to be playing 4 player games, you could splice together a usb cable
and  an xbox extension cable and then the kvm switch can get it's
power from the xbox.  I did this and it works fine.

--
I probably still have a few gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.