[mythtv-users] mythfrontend settings location

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Thu Jan 6 18:35:01 EST 2005

I have goofed something up.  I recently did a apt-get update and
apt-get dist-upgrade then resynced myth with cvs. (was running cvs from
one month ago)

Since the dist-upgrade my RH9 box uses a different login manager,
doesn't log in automatically, and when I log into the myth user account
manually mythfrontend starts up with an old theme preference.  The
backend is failing to startup automatically too, it can't seem to find
any capture cards..  I can start the backend and frontend at the root
prompt and both run, the frontend with the appropriate theme too.

It seems I have two different problems, one with the log in manager,
btw, changing the "login screen" prefs doesn't seem to do anything.
The other is myth no finding its settings files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinton