[mythtv-users] Aspect Ratio questions

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 6 19:24:54 EST 2005

In message <1105056081.2521.343.camel at tweety.obrien-pifer.com>
          James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:

> > I don't use FC2, but if they're using xorg it's xorg.conf, probably in
> > /etc/X11.
> >
> > Yes, this parameter is used (by Myth) pretty much solely for video playback.
> >
> > -Doug
>
> Looks like it does use xorg.conf. Problem is there isn't a DisplaySize
> parameter anywhere in the file. Searching with google I see some
> examples of display size, but how do I figure out what I should use for
> my monitor?

It goes in the Monitor section and takes two values which are supposed
to be the physical width and height of your screen. For Myth purposes
all that matters is the ratio between them I think. Mine looks like this:

        DisplaySize  600 350

Which works out to 15.4:9 for a 16:9 widescreen set. The numbers literally
came from using a tape measure to measure the screen. Anything near 16:9 will
be treated as such by Myth though and likewise for 4:3 if my memory of the
code is correct.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)