[mythtv-users] Gentoo and CVS

Jim Kusznir jim at kusznir.net
Fri Jan 7 01:44:34 EST 2005

I actually made my own myth ebuilds based on cvs snapshots.  I called it
"myth-0.17_alpha1".  It actually was quite easy, and this way portage
knows all about it.  When a new formal release comes out, portage can
easily deal with it for me.

Learning a bit about portage and making ebuilds took me about half a
day; but after that I could crank out the ebuilds for each subpart in
about 3 minutes each.  If you're interested, I could send some
instructions.  Keep in mind that I'm still a "gentoo developer-wannabe"
(aka very new to making ebuilds), so this is basically the minimum
required to work; not really the best it can be.

--Jim