[mythtv-users] ivtv, MythTV and DVDs

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Jan 7 08:38:10 EST 2005

 	Check the archives for some stuff I posted in early December.  I
was trying to archive old 8mm tape footage and got A/V sync problems.  I
tracked it down to many of the tools I was using did not support the PTS
(Presentation Time Stamp) *changing* throughout the mpeg stream.
Recording from cable never gave me any MPEGs that changed... always the
same offset.  When recording from tape, however, I'd get parts of the
stream with different offsets.  The utils I was using could deal with a
single, static offset (which would then change later on).

 	I ended up wrapping it as an AVI (can't remember exactly what I
used for that... check the archive).  Then I could use avidemux to
re-index, cut, splice, and export with variable PTS's.

 	It's ugly and much tougher than it really should be.