[mythtv-users] nVidia MX 420 SE - svideo on TV rolls

Richard Mixon (qwest) rnmixon at qwest.net
Fri Jan 7 23:52:27 EST 2005

Maybe a little off-topic, but I've read and read on the nVidia forums.
One post suggested the TV could not synch to s-video. So I switched out
my 31" Toshiba (10 years old) for my son's new Samsung 27". Still does
not work.

The TV is the only monitor connection. I got MythTV working with the
monitor, then disconnected trying to get it to just work with standard
TV using s-video.

At bootup, I get sort of a vertical roll. I've tried different s-video
cables, still the same. If it was an old, old TV I would try and adjust
the vertical hold.

Anyway, once it goes into X the screen gets dark grey and nothing.

Any ideas on how to make this useful/readable while booting?

Thanks - Richard