[mythtv-users] mythtvburn syntax question

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Jan 8 08:17:20 EST 2005

I downloaded the mythtvburn package, and I'm trying to get it to
work. Looks really slick, and I'm very close. It will build
a ISO image, which I have every reason to beleive is correct, but
I'm having problems getting it on to the dvd. I just wrote a dvd
on that machine using an older script that I have, so I know the
hardware is OK.

I am looking at this line in the script:

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=$myfolder""/temp/mythburndvd.iso

Now, since growiosfs des not have a man page, I am omly
geussing but it does not look correct. Here's a line from
my working script:

growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/dvd $WORKDIR

/dev/dvd is linked to /dev/scd0, so thta's OK. But I don't
understand the syntax of the line from the mythtvburn package.
For instance what are the 2 double quotes doing in there?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin