[mythtv-users] problem with disc structure.....

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sat Jan 8 18:08:54 EST 2005

Okay, background:

My mythtv box has a 200gb ide hard drive with about 30gb free or so.  I had
about 6gb of mp3 music stored in the music subdirectory off of
/mnt/video/mythtv  (/dev/hdb1), last night I mp3'd about 15 cd's on a couple
of Win2k machines using Audiograbber. I then copied the completed mp3's to
the myth machine. The mythtv directory is shared over the lan using samba.
This morning I took another 30 cd's and started mp3'ing them to the local
hard drives on the win2k machines when I realized I could just point
audiograbber to the mythtv music directory and save myself having to copy the
music to the myth box manually.

After about 20 cd's or so, I was having problems with one cd, my plextor scsi
drive was having troubles reading the last 2 songs on the No Doubt - Tragic
Kingdom cd, I went into the No Doubt folder on the myth box and noticed that
some of the previous 13 songs were missing. Another cd being ripped on
another win2k box also exhibited the same problem.  I deleted the problem
directories and started ripping the same cd's again, and again from both
machines, even though audiograbber shows writing the songs to the myth box,
not all show up there and with redoing the No Doubt cd, none show up on the
myth box.  I try a few other cd's and see the same problem.

I try restarting samba, no joy, check logs, nothing of consequence, next I
ssh into the box and from the CLI look at the directories in question and the
files that are there (or not) are in agreement with what I see via network
neighbourhood in win2k.  Next step, unmount the data drive and run fsck -f,
drive is ext3, no errors found. So I reboot and still the stuff is missing.

So next I rip onto the win2k box and copy over, of course all is fine.  Cd's
ripped prior to No Doubt and the other I had problems with, all are fine on
the myth box, no missing songs or other problems.

I am running Knoppmyth R4V4.1 with 0.16 debs.

Not sure what to check next. Suggestions?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting