[mythtv-users] Mobile Myth Suggestions

nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Sun Jan 9 12:04:47 EST 2005

Thanks Dave,

Only problem is cost. Laptops are expensive. I was hoping to put
together a much much cheaper system (Xbox or perhaps a Via system). I
already have a 20inch flat panel TV mounted in the raised roof, and
cabinets on the left and right to fit A/V/Game stuff in.  If the Xbox is
capable of decoding MPEG-4 (ie DivX/Xvid) ok and I am able to load linux
without removing the ablility to play games that seems to be ideal (the
van has game controller jacks at each of the back seats too...)

Anyway, if the Xbox turns out to be too much of a pain, then I need to
go a little cheaper ($300?)

I don't need any tuners or a monitor. The backend would be on the
machine only to serve up transferred/ripped videos.

If you know of a great/cheap laptop that would serve this purpose let me
know!

Thanks!
Eric