[mythtv-users] slightly OT: creating a video on demand library

David W Davis davidw.davis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:37:36 EST 2005

This is exactly how I have MythVideo setup.  Don't dump the raw dvd's
but rip and re-encode them to xvid or divx .avi's (or any other codec
and container combination you prefer) with the appropriate filename.
All my files and folders are located in a single "movies" directory.
You can manage how they appear in MythVideo by going into the video
manager and editing their meta info pulled from imdb.  Is this what
you are asking?

DaveD