[mythtv-users] can't find kernel#2.6.8-1.521

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jan 10 01:38:44 EST 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> I have a question about that myself, When I tried to use the 2.6.9 on
> FC2, everything bombed, lockup's and such. I've had a better luck on
> 2.6.8 then 2.6.9 on FC2, FC3 has a lot of issues. I wish atrpms would
> leave the 2.6.8 stuff online. But this is only my opnion.

I think it is wiser to remove packages relying on kernels which can not be
had from the normal sources anymore because that got replaced.

Perhaps having them around in an 'trash' directory which needs to be
fetched manually might help the few who actually know what they are doing
but for the others it is rather pointless.

So I understand Axel's decision to remove packages for 'unreachable'
kernel versions.

If you really want these version: Use The Source, Luke.

Hugo.