[mythtv-users] Sudden problems..

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:51:23 EST 2005

Hi!

I have a 350 with output to TV. Athlon XP1700 and 512 Mb ram, Fedora
Core 2. MythTV installed according to Jarods guide. Everything worked
perfectly until I rebooted the system on the 4. january. (about 3
weeks of uptime)

After the reboot some things have "broken". Mythtv is usable, but some
things have changed.

*First of all, if i try rewinding or fast forwarding, it works in a
different way, Where it earlier would say eg "6:05 of 29:55" it now
changes the second number (length of recording) and uses about 15
seconds to ffwd when I try to ffwd 5 minutes. Earlier this would
happen instantly.

*It no longer generates any thumbnails of the recordings.. The older
ones are still there, but nothing for new shows. Looking at the
"store"-directory there are no new png-files, so they just arent
generated anymore.

*Also i get a window-border! Since I use the PVR-350 to a TV I have
set up MythTV to show in a window. This worked great earlier. Now it
shows the title-bar of the window. Not during viewing, but in the
menus.

* When i exit a viewing in the middle and want to resume later, it
might take up to 30 seconds for the picture to get up on the screen.

*Every now and then lirc_dev seems to get out of control. top shows
3-4 in load average. If i restart lirc it gets back to normal again.

*In the 2-3 days from this happened to I discovered it, all the
recordings were choppy, with skipping video, and crackling audio.
After another restart (it might be that this has something to do with
lirc_dev, and it would have disappeared if i restated lirc) this
disappeared, and the recordings are now as they should be, but the
rest of the problems remain.

I have checked if any updates via apt-get could have done this, but
can't really put my finger on anything. I don't use this computer for
anything but MythTV, but usually I install most upgrades available via
apt-get.  I will probably try to upgrade to CVS, but if anybody have
any clues to what might have happened I'd be very happy..

--
Roald Martin Amundsen