[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth + improvements?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Mon Jan 10 20:11:26 EST 2005

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

>I decided to try out Knoppmyth for a frontend.
>
>To those of you that run it, is there some way I can
>"tune" it for a fx5200?  The video is REALLY choppy, displaying
>maybe 5 frames per second.  I know it works because I had
>a full blown fc2 installation on it working fine, but wanted to
>try out knoppmyth.  I also don't have audio working, but I
>figure I'll work that out after I can get the video worked out.
>
>Thanks,
>Paul

Are you running the frontend off the CD?  What other hardware are you
running on?  While you cannot install the nVidia drivers while running
on the CD, it should run fine.  I first tested the CD running the
frontend on a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop (P III 700 w/ 256 and a
Geforce2Go) it ran fine (the smile that brought to my first...).

Regards,

Cecil
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/