[mythtv-users] Re: Is this a memory leak?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon Jan 10 23:49:37 EST 2005

OK, maybe I sent everyone on a wild goose chase.  Somebody tell me if
this makes sense:

- Start X, Mythbackend, Mythfrontend, and start to play live TV, all is
fine.
- Watch memory and it grows to almost max, but mythfrontend doesn't
increase.
- Stop movie and memory returns to normal.
- Start live TV again and let it run.  Memory grows to max, then
swapping starts.

Is the memory growth due to buffered-up video (which is used for jumping
back)?  If that's the case, then this is perfectly normal operation.
Or, is there a limit on the amount of ram that mythfrontend should
consume during playback?

It's starting to sound like my freezing problem is caused by something
else?  Comments?  Thanks,
Don