[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth CD won't boot

Marty Mastera marty at mastera.us
Tue Jan 11 01:08:05 EST 2005

Hello,

I downloaded the latest KnoppMyth ISO, checked the MD5SUM, burned it to
disc.  I set the BIOS to boot from CD and the KnoppMyth boot screen
comes up.  No matter what boot option I try, I get a message saying
"ide: late registration of driver" followed by:

Can't find Knoppix filesystem, dropping you to a very limited shell.

I figure the kernels are having a hard time finding the cdrom for some
reason...I have tried it on two different computers:

-    One is a Soyo K7VME (Via KT400 chipset I believe) with a newly
purchased DVD burner set as primary slave. (I have also tried it as
Secondary Master with no luck).
    This box is currently running Myth on Fedora Core 1 and the DVD
drive works fine there, happily playing DVDs, so I don't think the drive
is a problem.

-    The second machine is my Dell Dimension 4600 with the Dell supplied
48X cdrom drive.  On this machine, it attempts to boot from the CD,
never gets to the KnoppMyth screen and fails over to Win XP.

Per suggestions on various forums and lists, I have verified the MD5SUM,
downloaded a new copy of the ISO from a different server, re-burned to
disc, etc, etc...with no improvement.  Also per the Knoppix cheat codes
list, I have tried the "atapicd" and "noscsi" cheatcodes (both singley
and together) with no effect.  Should I be able to see this CD in
Windows via explorer as with other linux distro boot cds?  I ask b/c I
can't...With the disc in the drive on the Windows machine, Windows
thinks the drive it empty...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marty