[mythtv-users] Myth on the Epia M10000

Steve Hayles stevehayles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:29:43 EST 2005

Paul,

I use an M10K as a combined FE/BE system using a DVB card.  Slightly
different to your set-up but I can confirm that I am using the
Unichrome Drivers to allow HW MPEG decoding and the onboard sound
outputting at native DVB resolution which is 720x576.

There have been a few tweaks avaialble to improve the quality of the
output (mainly from Terry Barnaby which stop any form of scaling both
in the X drivers and within MythTV itself).  I have 'perfect' (better
than a high end freeview box according to my wife) playback with no
stuttering or prebuffering pauses with about 25% CPU usage.

I use a CVS version from about the middle of November and use native
ALSA output from the EPIA spdif socket.

I am delighted with the setup and SSH'ing to the box I can see that
the system has no been running without crashing for over a month.

It has taken a fair bit of experimenting to get this far, but the
improvments have mainly been within Myth itself which is MUCH more
stable for me now than it was six months ago although most of these
stability improvments have bee associtade with the DVB side of things

If there is anything further that you want to know about the
configuration I use then please ask away

Good luck