[mythtv-users] Questions about transcoding from DVB-T MPEG2.

Fred Donelly fdonelly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:25:27 EST 2005

Hi all been running MythTV for over 12 Months, love it and don't know
how I'd live without it!  Thanks to all those who contribute both to
the code and support on this list.

I do have one thing that's bugged me for a while and just thought I'd
ask to see if anyone knows of a fix.

I'm in Aus and record from DVB-T into MPEG2.  This works flawlessly,
but if I then generate a cutlist and transcode into MP4 the cutlist
doesn't really line up with where I set the cutpoints.

I suspect this has something to do with the stream from DVB-T not
being a constant rate as it gets further out of sync the later in the
recording.

Is there anything I can do to fix this up? or is my best bet to
transcode to MP4, generate my cutlist and transcode again.

Thanks
Fred.