[mythtv-users] ati tv wonder elite?

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Tue Jan 11 23:59:48 EST 2005

It wasn't on the supported hardware list, the last I knew.

If you had very detailed hardware information, and the rest and were
very good at Linux driver coding you might get one made eventually, but
I can't think it would be remotely quick or easy.  The problem is that
detailed hardware information is not the kind of thing that companies
give out very often, and doing it without it would be much harder.

Personally I would avoid it until such time as it gets fully supported
if it ever does.  (Unless your using it under windows of course.)  You
might take a look at this thread, since it discusses it.

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23611

I'll probably get one of the hauppage pvr cards eventually for the lower
cpu usage.  Out of curiosity does anyone know if its possible to have 1
backend send a live signal to multiple frontends simultaneously?  I
haven't got it working yet, but I suspect I need to read some more on it.

On another note, one thing that might be useful to have would be the
ability to switch to a program for viewing tv live without recording
like tv time if the capture hardware isn't busy.  This would mostly be
useful for switching to a ps2/xbox.