[mythtv-users] Myth on the Epia M10000

Steve Hayles stevehayles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:45:10 EST 2005

I am using a Debian system, 2.6.7 Kernel (with the Epia 1 patch)

 MythTV CVS (from 22 November but only becasue I have been too lazy to
upgrade since and its very stable).  Its patched with Terry Barnaby's
noscale patch but this does not affect playback.

Unichrome driver are also from CVS built against a standard XFree86-4.4.0

I use the stock via DRM binaries from the via site.

FYI,  I had lots of trouble with prebuffering pauses even with this
set-up before I changed to a faster disk drive.(hdparm -t /dev/hda1
gives me about 40Mb/sec on my current drive)

Steve