[mythtv-users] OT: NTP does not seem to be updating...

nowhere at cox.net nowhere at cox.net
Wed Jan 12 13:09:58 EST 2005

> From: Justin Walther <justin.walther at gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/01/12 Wed AM 09:55:54 EST
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] OT: NTP does not seem to be updating...
>
> This is being caused by SELINUX crap.  Go into /etc/selinux/config and
> make sure this line is in there:
>
> SELINUX=disabled
>
> Reboot and syslogging will start working and NTP will start updating again.
>
> --Justin

Thanks Justin,

I will check this when I get home.

Just to clarify for everyone else: ntpd is running, and when it actually TRIES to update the time, the syslogging is fine. It just seems that it isn't trying to update the time. When I /sbin/service ntpd restart, the time IS updated correctly and the update is logged correctly.

I will post again after I try tonight...

Eric