[mythtv-users] TV Output

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Wed Jan 12 15:58:40 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:42:14AM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> >I tried this too, the picture quality was very good, but the flicker
> >during the menu's was horrible. I was using an mx440 chipset.
> >
> >Don't you people have this flicker?
> >
> 	I have had similar experience with my homebrew NTSC doodad like
> this.  I think it would be worthwhile to make an 'interlaced' theme that
> would help this.  Basically, no single horizonal lines in the theme
> images... that would keep it from being on for only 1/30 (or 1/25 for
> PAL-ers) of a second.

I was already wondering if I was the only one :-| Actally the amount of
flicker made me go back to using svideo. It's a bit of a trade-off
between a bearable gui and a reasonable video quality to watch...

The video quality on my mx440 is not bad enough to push me into the
creation of an interlace friendly theme. But that's just my opinion ;-))

Leo.