[mythtv-users] commercially-produced mythboxes -- an idea

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 18:17:17 EST 2005

> We have no desire to provide software support (or deal with zap2it

I think you answered your own question right there. Someone who is
interested in spending $1000 to record HDTV, and who doesn't have
enough knowledge/experience to build their own Myth box, will want
service, support and a warranty. I believe that's one reason TiVo has
been successful, my mom can use it and if she has a question, they
have a number to call. MythTV isn't "my mom" kind of simple, just
trying to have her login to a website and sign up for zap2it would far
exceed her abilities...

Maybe I misunderstood your target market,
-Kenneth