[mythtv-users] Re: DVB Radio

Richard and Monica Bland register at combinedeffort.com
Thu Jan 13 05:05:45 EST 2005

Hmm, this is stirring memories!

I use the UK Sutton Coldfield transmitter. I've set my Radio 1 channel to
use the 'five' channels video stream. I think I chose this because the DVB
settings where the 'closest' match - i.e. I wasn't recording from two
sources with different QAM/GUARD_INTERVAL/etc..

My Radio 1 / 'five' data (from the dvb-apps 'scan' utility) looks like this:

BBC Radio 1:
682166670:
INVERSION_AUTO:
BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:
FEC_2_3:
FEC_1_2:
QAM_64:
TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:
GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:
HIERARCHY_NONE:
0:
6210:
14336

five:
682166670:
INVERSION_AUTO:
BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:
FEC_2_3:
FEC_1_2:
QAM_64:
TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:
GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:
HIERARCHY_NONE:
6017:
6018:
12866

i.e. a pretty close match. Try using a PID from a 'close' match to Radio 4.

Sorry for the bitty response - it was configured quite a while ago!

Rich