[mythtv-users] Getting VCR Recordings Into MythTV/MythVideo

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Jan 13 07:56:48 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, John Williams wrote:

>>        True.  I've managed to do it as a manual recording by binding an
>> aux input to a "bogus" channel.  It never quite worked the way I thought
>> it should, however.
>
> Cory,
> How did you set up the bogus channel? Then how did you tue to it? I'm
> willing to work a little at it, but I'm not sure where to start.
> Thanks,
> john

 	Ran 'setup' (a.k.a. 'mythtvsetup')... same place one defines video
devices and channel lineups.  Make a bogus lineup and manually add an
unused channel (e.g. 99 for me).  Bind it to another input like composite.

 	Trouble I had with that is I couldn't WatchTV with it.  To verify
it was working, I had to make a short ManualRecording and watch it.  When
I finally verified all was good, I made a ManualRecording for the
approximate length of what I was dubbing, and let it rip.

-Cory