[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:07:11 EST 2005

It is working now after compiling ffmpeg, vlc and a couple of the
dependencies.

I have to say, WMV2 seems to be the better codec for me.  I can run it
quite happily at 2000Kbit/s but I have chosen 1000/320 (video/audio)
and I am quite happy for my LAN.  Infact the Celeron 1.0Ghz machine
that is viewing it is struggling at somem points.  The Myth machine is
running at around 70-75% CPU usage when transcoding, regardless of the
bit rates or codec chosen.

I could do with chopping the top couple of pixels of the image that is
sent, and configuring the aspect ratio and stuff, but I have to say, I
am very, very impressed so far.

Dave

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH