[mythtv-users] Which Distribution?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:17:05 EST 2005

> I've ordered a DiGiMatrix for my MythBox and, while I wait for
> delivery, I'm beginning to think about installation.
>
> I tend to use Slackware. I have uptodate CDs at home. It's like Debian
> Stable in that it's still using thw 2.4 kernel though it's 2.6 ready.
>
> Any opinions about whether I should stick with what I know or make a
> jump to Gentoo or Knoppix or KnoppMyth?

If you use Fedora Core 2 or 3 you can follow Jarod Wilson's excellent
step-by-step guide to getting MythTV up and running. From looking at
this list it seems there may be 1 or 2 problems with the FC3 setup so
it might be worth going with a FC2 setup as that seems to be a more
well-trodden path. Depends how bleeding egde you want to be :)

FC3 vsn is at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
FC2 vsn is at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fc2myth.php