[mythtv-users] MythTV and TIVO integration

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Jan 13 23:35:00 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 10:46 -0800, Fa Yoeu wrote:
> I just got a Free Tivo from Tivo after standing in line for 3 hours in
> december.  I think tivo is great because it requires ZERO effort from
> me, but I like my mythtv box better.  Anyways, I am wondering if
> anyone thought of the idea of creating some sort of integration
> between mythtv and tivo.  I know there is tivo desktop that runs on a
> pc and allows you to stream shows to your PC.  There is also gtivo for
> linux.  I haven't investigated it much further.

True, but I don't know if it works with Series 2 Tivo boxes.

> Here is the stuff that would be neat, wondering if it is possible or not:
> o Stream Tivo recorded programs to myth.

MythTivo will do this

> o Stream Myth recorded programs to tivo.

Not sure about this without hacking the Tivo
> o Use tivo as a slave for myth so you can distribute the recording.

Would be a great addition to MythTivo

> Let's limit the discussion to series 2 tivos and NOT having to open up
> the tivo chasis.

Then you've completely limited your options.  Series 1 Tivo boxes are
more amenable to this sort of thing, and you have to open them to put in
the network card, install software, etc.

	-Ian