[mythtv-users] MythTV video issue with Mits WS-65613

Sean M.McDermott smcdermott at windwardcg.com
Sat Jan 15 11:05:56 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my MythTV box (Gentoo) running on my Mitsubishi
WS-65613 and having a devil of a time.  The problem seems to be a lot
of vertical ghosting/vibrating.  I'm new to this video stuff, but it
seems to be putting two images on the screen, they are just off
vertically by 30-50 pixels.  I'm not sure if its the vertical refresh
rate or what.  Mitsubishi was useless, having put two calls into them.
They "opened a case" for me and then stated that they only support
computers connected to the TV via the VGA port which only support
640x480.  So, not much help there.

I'm using a nVidia GeForce 5500 video card connected into the TV using
the DVI interface.  I've connected my Mac PB G4 into the TV and I can
get the 65613 working (lots of overscan) at 1920x1080 at 60Hz, but I can't
find the appropriate modeline to replicate in Gentoo.

So, I have swapped hard drives and booted the MythTV box under Windows.
  I installed Powerstrip and have had some limited success (following
some emails from different AV forums).  Overscan on XP is an issue, but
at least I got rid of the vibration.  I copied the modeline and
rebooted under Gentoo, but alas the ghosting/vibration problem
returned.

Does anyone have experience with a stable modeline for the Mitsubishi
WS-65613 or offer suggestions to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance...

Sean.