[mythtv-users] Not using both tuners to full effect?

Steve Peterson thot at telenet.be
Sat Jan 15 11:51:51 EST 2005

Thanks - this works fine. :)

It's just unfortunate that we have to cure symptoms.

Mythtv appears to currently be a single user/card design with multi-card
extensions.

This particular 'problem' is obviously functionality that is currently
only optimal in a single card environment, and not user friendly in a
multi-card environment when one either has to hack the code or expect
the wife to remember to add in defaults to every program she tries to
record.

Whilst I would consider a wild proliferation of configuration options to
be counter-productive and would definitely act as a wife deterant, there
seems to be a case for a multi-card configuration page that would only
be visible when more than one card of a particular type was installed.

Such a page could then hold options for display/record weighting, policy
(round-robin, etc.. see kernel bonding code - the functionality is
already there to be grabbed), and specific adaptions to increase the
usability in a multi-card environment - such as a button/(buttons) to
use/(not use) (specific) global/channel defaults as program-parameters
in the abscence of user input program/(channel) parameters.

Thoughts, anyone ?

--
Steve Peterson <thot at telenet.be>
Thot System Consultants Ltd.