[mythtv-users] low profile video capture card for pundit

Jason Koeninger jkoenin at jjcc.com
Sat Jan 15 13:04:13 EST 2005

On Jan 15, 2005, at 11:34 AM, spok wrote:

> I just received my pundit case and WinTV GO PCI card.
> The card does not fit in the pundit case.  It looks as
> if I need a lower profile card.
>
> Reading through the list it is clear that pundit and
> PVR-250/PVR-350 is a common combination.  However,
> when I see pictures of the PVR-250 or PVR-350, it
> looks similar to my WinTV GO card.  Is there a lower
> profile version of all these cards?
>
> Thanks

If you search the archives
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/) and the net, you'll
find information on how people have fit cards into their pundits.  As
for me, I bent the side out of the way slightly to work in my PVR250 in
the bottom slot.  I also had to move a cord clip that was in the way.
The card contacts the side of the case which isn't ideal, but I
preferred that over bringing out the dremel.  So far, so good.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting