[mythtv-users] Dual processor any help?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Jan 15 13:51:34 EST 2005

 	AFAIK, neither trancoding or nuvexport inherently benefit from
dual processors (not threaded).  Having run mythtv on a dual Celeron
300->450 and dual PIII 750->933, I can say that it helps for playability
under load.  The playback load is split between mythfrontend and X so it's
"threaded" of sorts.  As far as flat-out CPU speed, I don't think it'll
help unless there's other things going on at the same time.

-Cory