[mythtv-users] Greater Dayton Ohio MythTV User Group ... Charter Membership Drive!

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 16:09:19 EST 2005

Hi,

I have started the Greater Dayton Ohio Area MythTV User Group. It is registered in the MUG directory and I have a Yahoo! Groups mailing list started to get organized.

http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/Dayton_2c_20OH_20MUG_20_28Greater_20Dayton_20Area_29

I have seen a little bit of interest so far and am trying to drum up some members in the Dayton Ohio region. I think they are out there but finding out where is a bit of a challenge.

If you are from Dayton Ohio or near by please consider joining the list. Even if you decide that this is not for you, stop by for a little while and toss out your ideas on where all the local MythTV users so the MUG can get going.

There are settings on the mailing list for those who don't want to receive mailings and just occasionally monitor the list from the web. Even still this is a very low volume list so volume won't be a problem. If you know local MythTV users not on this list, send me an email and I will send them a personal invite to join.

The group is just starting up so there are no events planned yet. There are no obligations in the MUG other than joining the mailing list. Hopefully when the MUG gets going we can have some events of a very informal nature. I am hoping for just small group get togethers to demonstrate people's MythTV boxes and compare notes, swap ideas, trade stuff, kickstart newbies, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Andrew Lynch

PS, please forward this message to those off list who you think would be interested in joining DAY-MUG.  Thanks!