[mythtv-users] Re: My /etc/init.d/lircd file

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jan 17 00:50:08 EST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 aslong at uark.edu wrote:

> I would've sent it to the mailing list, but it's still set to digest mode for some reason.  Anyway, here's the contents of the file.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # $Id: lircd.init,v 1.1 2002/09/28 11:54:12 dude Exp $
> # Startup script for the Linux Infrared Remote Control.
> #
> # # chkconfig: - 65 10

Remove the redundant comment flag and you should be done. It should read:

# chkconfig: - 65 10

You may at some point have modified it yourself and then the file was not
overwritten at an update and the issue is not a packaging but a user
issue. The packaged file actually reads here:

# chkconfig: - 90 10

Hugo.