[mythtv-users] Putting a toe in the CVS water

O'Leary, Paul poleary at mallesons.com
Mon Jan 17 04:58:45 EST 2005

My 2c,

I did this about two weeks ago and all went swimmingly. Backup the
mysql, and remember to change the paths to the .pro's are two things to
definitely do. I did have a bead of sweat when i issued the rpm -e
command, but everything came back fine for me, mysql is a great tool for
storing settings. Just rememeber to get *all* the cvs, including
mythweb, music, video etc or you'll be like me and scratch your head for
a minute or two wondering where the menu options went.

Also , link the new setup program too, this has a lot more things to
click in it than the atrpms, i was delighted to see the option to 'reset
my card' in a gui, although i still have second thoughts about which
colour is highlighted!.
There are a few more options on mythtvsetup than the rpms, plus you can
enable XmVC for sure at compile time (well, at least that's what i did).
And the gui x,y options work too! Just recall the usual caveats about
cvs's...you may get tomorrows bugs today.

Backup is your friend i certainly agree, but i must commend the
community for such an easy path the the latest cvs.