[mythtv-users] CVS Mythtranscode corrupts all files

Adam Egger 2004 at bdam.de
Mon Jan 17 08:46:24 EST 2005

Hi,

I unfortunatelly cannot answer here, because I'm not able to get all the mailing list mails with my modem. So I'm starting a new thread with the old topic:

Someone asked me in #mythtv-users (I think Chris P.) what's wrong with the MythTranscode here on my PC. My files are not getting bigger like in the first posting here. My files are totally corrupted after mythtranscode has removed the commercials and other unwanted parts of them.
It's the only thing I'm doing with mythtranscode, I record with my bttv card in mpeg4-nuv and transcode with exactly the sames values. Myth was always just cutting out the commercials in 1-2 minutes (btw wouldn't it be a great feature for myth? "Cut recording" if there's a cut list, the way with mythtranscode isn't perfect). Now the new file doesn't have any keyframes (or just some are missing). It's not really possibly to watch the "transcoded" files, they are gone.
Myth also doesn't know the real length of the recording after the "new transcode" has done it's work. It shows only between one and ten minutes for a one hour show.
What's wrong with it now?

Adam