[mythtv-users] MythTV and Widescreen displays?

vze2hn5x at verizon.net vze2hn5x at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 15:09:55 EST 2005

Hello,

I recently installed mythtv on my linux system (Source Mage Linux 0.9.3
if that matters), and I have a question - I have a standard cable tv
card (4:3 aspect ratio) and a wide-screen monitor (1280x768 screen
resolution).  When I try to use my tv tuner with xawtv in full-screen
mode, I get black boarders on the left and right sides of the video.
When I do the same thing with mythtv using the live tv option, the
program stretches the video out left and right to fill the entire
monitor.  I've tried using the w key to switch between different aspect
ratio's, but the video goes from the left to the right of the monitor
regardless of which setting I use.  Is there anyway to get mythtv to
display the tv broadcast correctly?

Thanks,
Eric