[mythtv-users] Skipping adverts in UK using DVB-T - supported ?

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:10:27 EST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:13:37 +0000, Andy Whitworth <andywhit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I correct in believing that commercial detection/skipping
> doesn't work in the UK when using DVB-T ?

Seems to work OK-ish for me.

> When I press
> the 'skip' button during an ad while watching a recording then
> I get a message to the effect that no marker is found (can't
> remember exact wording).
When I push the skip button it jumps to the next point at which it
thinks the ads have stopped. No error messages.

Caveat: It's not entirely accurate and sometimes misses the end of the
ad break. Luckily you can skip back :-)

It is also triggered within the ad breaks a lot so it's almost as fast
to hit the ffwd button a few times :-(

I'm using a CVS build from around the end of Nov last year, fwiw.
--
Neil Milne